Thursday, February 10, 2011

Light Tight Boxes

   Recently, a posting on The Online Photographer mentioned the "Slow Photography Movement". This isn't about that, at least not intentionally. Rather, this blog is really about Christmas.

   You see, Santa left a couple of neat toys under the tree.

   My wife gave me this beauty:






   It's a Polaroid 420 packfilm camera, produced sometime in the mid-1970s. Yes, you can still get film and batteries for it.

   Then, a couple of days later, my sister gives me this:



   It's a Kodak Vigilant Junior Six-20, manufactured between 1940 and 1948.  She saw it in an antique store and thought, Hm, I bet John would get a kick out of this.  She was right.


   It uses 620 film, which is no longer manufactured, but since 620 is actually 120 film on a narrower spool, it's possible to make 120 film work.

   So far, the new year is slowly looking up.

  Coming up next: Polaroid = Instant Slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment